While we were on vacation, Lucky was at the "doggie hotel" per our children, but in reality she was boarded at our veterinarian. Getting spayed was an added bonus for Lucky!! During my lunch hour on Monday, I went to get her. Ok, for the rest of this story I want you to mentally paint a picture in your mind. As I waited to get Lucky, I couldn't help but notice the lady in front of me who was also picking up her dog. She was sporting a nice, I mean NICE, diamond ring, among other jewelery, and I felt sure that she was the one driving the brand new sparkling white, suped up, Yukon in the parking lot. Not sure, but just a guess. She wrote her check and then the vet. assistant brought her dog out and the lady was very happy to see her dog, for I guess she had been away on vacation as I had been. Instead of taking the dog, the lady whippped around headed right out the door and the little assistant followed her to her car and deposited the dog right into her Yukon. The office must have started escorting your animals to the car for you! How nice! Now it's my turn. I paid and waited to see Lucky. The assistant brought me Lucky and before I knew it Lucky was in my arms, front legs on my shoulders, giving me lots and lots of loving!! So much for my "escort to the car"!! I literally felt like the little guy had thrusted Lucky to me while standing one foot inside one foot outside the door when just minutes earlier this lady's dog had been brought out for her to ooh and ahh over for a split second and then carried to her vehicle. How RUDE, as Stephanie would say on Full House (my girlies LOVE watching Full House). Now maybe this lady demanded this kind of care, maybe I looked like the type of person who didn't mind doggy hugs and slober, etc., but whatever the case it sure looked like down right social discrimination! I have thought of this several times since and wondered about the expression on my face and how humorous this incident really was. Anyway, that's life, isn't it??
Isn't she a cutie??
2 comments:
I just realized that I have been commenting away and you weren't getting them because I wasn't filling in the word verification. Oh well, I never claimed to be the sharpest tack in the package. Anyway what I said on this one was that maybe you looked like you worked for a living and weren't going to be tipping for doggie escort service. At least Lucky was glad to see you.
Jim and I have both enjoyed reading this one! Lucky is a very cute dog, I bet the rich lady's dog was jealous of Lucky!
Jim and Darlene
Post a Comment