Sunday, July 27, 2008

Another Visit With Nanny and PaPa

Mom and Dad kept Emma and Abby last Friday. After work John Brady and I went to mom and dad's to visit and get the "guls" as John Brady says. We spent most of the evening on their patio, watching the rain and just enjoying the end of a summer day. My mom and dad live on Hwy 43, which is frequented by eighteen wheelers. So there my girls were, sitting in their lawn chairs in mom and dad's yard, waiting on the "big trucks". When the girls finally got a driver to blow his horn, there was a squeal and a high five!! After dinner, it was time for Dad to take the kids "snipe hunting". All the kids grabbed flash lights and Dad grabbed a Wal-Mart bag. Dad instructed the kids that one had to shine the light, one hold the bag, and the other to run the snipe in the bag. All three kids and Dad eagerly headed outside. Since they couldn't find any snipes, they started hunting armadillos. When I went outside I could hear John Brady calling the armadillos! John Brady, walking next to PaPa, was wearing a head light and calling out, "Armadilloooooos!!" So the night ended without any snipes nor armadillos, but the memories were tucked away in that special place that only a granparent and a grandchild share.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooohhhh, the memories...I loved to go snipe hunting and take newcomers on the adventure.