For the very first time, Brady kept the kids overnight by himself!! Last Thursday evening I left for a conference in Atlanta and Brady stayed with the kids all by himself. It's not that we have been avoiding an opportunity such as this.....ok, maybe I have been. It's just I know how difficult can be (Brady goes on several trips a year), especially the evening time when you have to get John Brady, drive to Huntington Place Elem., get the girls, get back home, cook, get them fed, get baths, wash hair, dry hair, do homework/read books, and get them to bed. And, of course, there is a lot that happens in between. Then comes morning with breakfast, getting dressed, and getting the girls to school and John Brady to daycare and then on to work!!! Brady handled it all wonderfully! He even cooked a big dinner on Friday evening and he and the kids delivered a couple of plates to Nanny and Papa at the hospital. WOW!
I only stayed one night and I arrived back at home Friday night around 9:30, but I felt like it was forever. I was tickled to walk into their bedrooms and kiss their little cheeks while they slept. Watch out, Brady, I've tested the water and I'm thinking about an annual "girls" beach trip or shopping trip.
1 comment:
Let's not get all carried away. This sounds familiar, pump me all up with compliments and then drop the bomb. I see right through it. LMAO!!
Post a Comment