Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Granny Got A New Leg!!

My Granny Hocutt had major surgery on her leg at UAB today, and I just got word that she is doing fine. She went through a 5 hour surgery to replace her femur bone!! WOW! Her doctor says she will be able to walk after this surgery, but we aren't totally convinced. The surgery will be a success if it just can take her pain away. My granny has been through many, many surgeries and doesn't do well post operatively so please keep her, as well as mom and her siblings, in your thoughts and prayers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did not know that your Grandmother was having surgery. A lot happens when you are out of state for a week! So glad the surgery went well. Tell Dianne that I am sorry I didn't ask about her while we were at the PTO program!

Niki Arendale said...

I hope your Grandmother is doing well. Sounds like a pretty tough procedure. We will be praying for her.

Amanda said...

Wow! In all my years, don't know if I have ever known of anyone having that surgery. Hope she recovers quickly!