Monday, February 24, 2014

Mayo ER, mishaps, and good news

January 27, 2014
Texts to family and friends

Mom had a bad episode at mayo. They called a code on her and now we are in the ER. Please pray

I'm not sure what code it was but the dr came to me and said "I had to call a code on your mom". "She's wheezing, pale, sweating, and jerking violently."  "She's in obvious distress". "She needs medical attention". "They (paramedics) are coming to get her"

Yes. I think so but can't determine a BP which has been a prob since all this started


All vitals seem ok now. On oxygen. Very scary when they called the code and rushed her to the ER. She's jerking really, really bad.


Well, folks. Because all labs are normal and she's not having an "acute problem", they are letting her go. Unbelievable. Unbelievable.  I have no words.


The dr said to her "you are stumping us". So even mayo doesn't know.


Our story is so crazy unbelievable I'm scared to tell anyone.


Our morning started bad to begin with. Got here at 7am. Told there had been no pre-certification done yet on the test she was supposed to have at 7:50 so they wanted us to reschedule because BC wasn't open yet and couldn't get the precert. I was mad and went to patient affairs desk to report it. The lady there looked into it and found out there was no precert needed!!


So we had already been through that this morning before the ER stuff.

January 28, 2013
Texts to family and friends

Today is going a little better.  I guess I could say a lot better. What I haven't been able to tell anyone because mom didn't want me to tell is that we had a lung cancer scare on our nov mayo trip. So yes, a lung cancer scare on top of everything!  Part of this trip was a repeat ct chest and to see the pulmonologist.  Just saw the pulmonologist and her lungs are ok. No cancer!  Even the spots are gone and the prominent lymph node is no longer prominent!  Lungs are in the clear!


And as crazy as it sounds, there is a medical link between lung cancer and movement disorders. So needless to say it was a real concern of ours.

Kim

No comments: