Monday, August 5, 2013

3 good days

Amazingly, mom had 3 "good" days.  Good = less jerking and much better balance.  This happened on Wednesday.  When mom showed dad how much better she could walk, he cried.  Just the day before she was struggling to walk.  She has only had one other good day happened since the beginning of May.  Knowing this we tried to not get too excited, but in anticipation that it might last longer, Dad called me to see if they could take the kids to Yellow Creek for an overnight trip.  The kids haven't gotten to stay overnight with my mom since this started and she has missed them so much, so of course, I said yes.  On Thursday Dad ran around getting all the food, snacks, cooler, drinks, ice, etc.  He did it all.  I met them with the kids and off they went.  Mom had an amazing time!  If you've ever been around my parents when they are with their grandchildren, they ooze with pure enjoyment from just being with them!  My kids are their world and it shows on their face, in their voice, and in their actions.

Brady and I spent the next afternoon with them at Yellow Creek.  Mom was still doing good.  I COULD NOT believe my eyes when we arrived!  Of course, she was tired, , but she still had a smile on her face.  I'm sure Dad was beyond exhausted.  He not only took care of the kids and mom by himself, but he cooked, cleaned, and played with the kids in the water the whole time!  Mom and Dad couldn't wait to tell us how wonderful the kids had been and how much the kids had helped them with preparing food, carrying and setting up the umbrella and stand, applying sunscreen, washing dishes, etc.  And of course, the kids had been very entertaining!  :)  One story in particular they had to tell us about was something that happened at bedtime.  Mom said she was tucking them in for the night when John Brady came to her, took her by the hand, and told her she needed her rest and needed to go to bed.  John Brady took mom by the hand and helped her all the way to her bed.  And then of course, he got in bed with her and talked her ears off until he finally fell asleep!  John Brady was taking care of his Nanny.  Bless his sweet heart.  He has always been a Nanny's boy.  I think he always will.

Brady, I, and the kids took a relaxing ride on the pontoon that evening.  It was such a beautiful evening on the water.  More than usual, knowing that mom was feeling better.



By Saturday evening mom's symptoms were coming back.  Sunday and today have been bad days.  For whatever the reason, she had a few good days and we are grateful.


1 comment:

Kyler, Jennifer, Olivia and Lucy said...

Kim- I wanted to let you know I've been reading and keeping up with your updates on your Mom and Our family is praying for a full recovery for her.