Monday, July 29, 2013
Appointment at Mayo Clinic!
I just got off the phone with Mayo Clinic and I am happy to say mom has an appointment! Now, the appointment isn't until October 23, BUT they said we can call every day to see if there is a cancellation. The scheduler said they often have cancellations. They said to expect to spend approximately a week there. Mom will first be seen by a doctor in the Consultative and Diagnostic Medicine Department and then will see at least 3-4 more specialty physicians over the course of several days. I am so relieved to finally have a "plan". A plan that just might get us the answers we need. A plan that doesn't involve bouncing back and forth between doctors who look at you and say, "I just don't know", and then run more shot-in-the-dark labs. Labs that you wait for over a week to hear back from and then it's another waiting game until you have another appointment which is usually several weeks to months away. It's a vicious and maddening cycle and I think we have let it go on for too long. We can't look back now. We are looking forward and praying this is the right path.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's great news, Kim!! Keep us updated!
Post a Comment