Sunday, July 28, 2013

Update on mom

My mom is still without a diagnosis.  She's being seen by two neurologists.  A UAB neurologist and a Tuscaloosa neurologist.  Neither one knows what is wrong with mom.  We are awaiting lab results from her July 19th UAB neurology appointment.  Her UAB neurologist is checking her for several autoimmune disorders.  Honestly, I don't know how much longer she can last without proper treatment for her condition.  She has been unable to cook, clean, drive,  etc. since April.  Now she is struggling to walk and hold her body upright without support while sitting or standing.  She gets out of breath when doing the simplest of activities.  Her fine motor skills are deteriorating.  Each day is a struggle.  Physically.  Mentally.  Emotionally.  

We long for a diagnosis.  We long for a name for this debilitating condition.  We long for a clue as to what it is that is taking her from us.  We long for a doctor who can help her.  


Update on me

I'm mad.  

I'm mad that no one can figure this out.

I'm mad that no one seems to want to figure this out.

I'm mad that these doctors, these professionals, don't seem to care that this 57 year old woman is not the person she was just a few months ago.

I'm mad that my mom can't play with her grandchildren.

I'm mad that my mom can't cook.  

I'm mad that my mom can't walk from her bedroom to the bathroom without being out of breath.

I'm mad that my mom can't enjoy her simple country life with my dad.

I'm mad that my mom might be losing hope.  

Most of all, I'm mad that I can't do more for her.



No comments: