Tuesday, September 15, 2009

If you were thinking of coming by for a visit................just don't!

It all started Sunday on our way to church. Emma was crying with a headache. By that afternoon she had a temp of 103.4. I gave her Motrin and headed to a clinic. An hour had passed since the Motrin, but her temp was still 103.4 so they gave her Tylenol. Shortly after the nurse left the room, she vomited. We changed rooms, found out her flu and strep tests were negative, and left the clinic without a diagnosis. Emma stayed home from school on Monday with round the clock Tylenol, but she never was without fever. Early this morning around 4 am, John Brady's fever started, so he stayed out of Pre-K today. When Brady left with Abby, she was upset and said she didn't feel good. We sent her on to school. Around 8:30 I received a call from Abby's teacher saying Abby's head was hurting. I talked with Abby on the phone and since she didn't have any fever I thought maybe she was ok to stay. Well, about thirty minutes later, her teacher called again so Brady went to get her. 1, 2, 3 just like that. All now have fever. 2 out of the 3 have vomited.

I knew this day would happen. All three are sick at the same time.

So for your health's sake I wouldn't so much as stick your big toe in our house until this terrible bug is gone. I've already sent Brady for refills of Motrin and Tylenol. Now I need refills of Lysol and sanitizer!

7 comments:

kimberly t. bowling said...

Oh, my, lands!! I'll be praying for them and for mom, too. :) Another time to be thankful for making your own schedule from home at least! Looks like you'll be needing that girls movie night you spoke of on my blog this a.m. real soon after you survive this week!! I'll get the popcorn and milkduds ready.

Joy said...

Poor babies. You must have been doing a good job with that Lysol all these years to just now have all three sick for the first time.Get well quick Emma, Abby and JB3. MeMe and Pops love you.

PS Kim...you might need a mask to wear over your mouth and nose!I always caught it about a day after they all got well.

Anonymous said...

Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

hicksfamilycircus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hicksfamilycircus said...

Ok I messed up the first comment so I deleted it. So sorry to hear your babies are sick. Hoping we stay clear of it all. Swine flu and stomach virus have hit CP's school so keeping our fingers crossed.

Lana said...

Hope everyone feels better soon!

James' Full House said...

Oh bless all of your hearts. Sending prayers of healing your way.