Thursday, September 3, 2009

She survived!

Yesterday Emma got braces and she did great! Emma was very nervous, but she made it through with only a few tears at the beginning and at the end when they tightened them. The process took about an hour and a half. Emma only got brackets on the four top ones for now. The bottom are a "wait and see". Whew!

Since Emma's appointment was at 8:15, I was able to check her into school around 10:30. She was excited to see her classmates and show them her new braces. You know how kids love show and tell! Too funny!

Thank goodness I remembered to cut Emma's lunch sandwich in little squares, however, I didn't think about the bread getting caught in the braces. So she ate just the ham squares. I also packed jello and yogurt for her. Emma brushed her teeth after lunch like she was supposed to. YAY Emma!!



Each Lawson child is pretty particular about their sandwich anyway!
In order from left to right: Abby's, John Brady's, and Emma's.







the cleaning kit:
this little ritual can be time consuming!!




Last night Emma enjoyed phone calls from Aunt CiCi, MeMe, and Pop. It makes a little girl feel so good to know she's loved!!

I've been giving her Motrin quite regularly. She wasn't sore until this morning. I expect it to get a little worse before it gets better. Thanks for all of your sweet comments, phone calls, and messages!

7 comments:

Joy said...

MeMe likes the JB3 cut of sandwich.

Court always got sore the next two days. I told Emma I was bringing her some money for a milk shake next week.

Em looks like such a big girl with braces.

hicksfamilycircus said...

So glad she did so well. Love that sweet smile no matter what!

Lana said...

Super excited about the millions of rubber band color options! She looks like a girl that likes to accessorize!! She will be the rave of all of her classmates with those pretty colored rubber bands!!!!

Looking forward to seeing pictures of lots of pretty combinations!! Sweet Sara would wear black and orange for football season, red and green in honor of Christmas, pinks and purples brought in Spring! The combinations are endless!!

How exciting it is to be Emma!!!

kimberly t. bowling said...

Way to go, Em!! You are a very brave girl...I don't think I could go through it...even at my age, and that's a lot older than you!! :)

courtney said...

Yea Emma!! You look adorable!

The Cannons said...

Good Job Emma! As pretty as ever!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Emma! I think Brenna is jealous of the new fashion statement. Love ya!