Thursday, April 26, 2007

Kids Say the Funniest Things

I was stopped at the traffic light in front of Abby and John Brady's school, Abby noticed the big front end loader type machinery and asked me what it was doing. I vaguely answered her, not really paying her a whole lot of attention. Abby said, "Mommy, mommy, I know what it's for, it's bringing sand to our sandbox at school!"


This morning, Emma, said, "Mommy, do you know everything in this world?" I said, "No baby, I don't." So then she said, "But I thought the other day you said you did!"

A few months ago, I spoke to Abby's school for Community Helpers Day. Since I am an audiologist, I was teaching about hearing, hearing aids, and the anatomy of the ear. I know it sounds over the top for 3-5 yr olds, but I just knew those children had to be as smart as my Abby. So just a day or so ago, I was cleaning Abby's ears and she was crying and squirming to get away and she said, "Mommy, please stop, you're gonna hurt the bones in my ears!" She remembered my little lesson on the three bones in the ear!

No comments: