***"Tiger Mom" is the author of a controversial book describing how she parents her two daughters.
That's right. A lioness protecting her cubs. On more than one occasion since the school year began, my Abby has been taunted by a boy in her class. Even her teacher mentioned how this boy has been bothering Abby. Well, that was about 4 months ago. I have to admit I chalked it up to boy/girl spats in the beginning.
Again today, my baby girl looked up at me with HUGE tears in her eyes recounting what happened. Abby wore a red, white, black, and gray plaid coat to school today. This boy said in his smarty pants tone, "That coat looks like something a grandma would wear!" Now I know his comment doesn't sound so bad, however, it's the manner in which he said it, and the fact that he's been on a destroy-Abby's-self-esteem mission since day one! My patience is running out. My claws are about to emerge. I'm ready to pounce. I'm angry. I admit it. I've always told Abby to ignore him. Today I looked at Abby's tear-stained face and told her to tell that boy his name sounds like a name a grandpa would have! I know. Hard core.
Really, though. This lioness is tired of him upsetting her cub. I will keep praying for patience and guidance. And sharper claws! ;)

6 comments:
Poor Abby, Its breaks my heart to see any child teased about anything....I have been there my self because of my weight I know what it does to a person, but nothing hurts more than seeing your child hurt, I'll keep you and Abby in my prayers and I will also Pray that the Little Grandpa (haha) himself will learn to treat others as he would like to be treated. Adrianna cries from time to time she has no friends and no one likes her and she is a Auburn Fan.....its the most heartbreaking to see a Child in so much pain and you not knowing as a parent how to fix it or make it better. Good Luck Tell Abby to wear her Beautiful Jacket and be PROUD old Grandpaw only wished he had one like it.
give me a name
MeMe knows that you look like a model in a magazine in that pretty coat! Don't let him win....keep smiling baby girl!
Amanda, you are so sweet! Thank you for your kind words! Being teased can be so hurtful, especially when you are a child.
Kim, I will text you his name.
I'll tell her, MeMe.
Kim, I'm with the other Kim...give us a name. :) I will provide back-up for her as we provide a well versed lesson in how to treat a lady to this young, intolerant, boy. We'll be discreet. And by the time we are finished informing him of the proper way to engage a gal in such a fine coat, Abs should have no further problems. ;)
Don't mess with a mama's babies...unless you want to be dismantled limb by limb. I learned that from watching the Bears on Animal Planet, long before I had children. It's just a force of nature...that shouldn't be played around with...that's all I'm saying. :)
Oh Kim, he's gonna have more than a Lioness on his hands if he doesn't cut it out. He'll have the whole pride of tiger and lion mamas on his hide! We love us some sweet Abby. We will say a prayer that he stops the harrassment. Being a mom is such hard work - especially on the heart!! Love you all!
Post a Comment