Tuesday, January 4, 2011

After 9 years of planning birthday parties........................

I'm stumped!!  John Brady's 6th birthday is January 20 AND his party supposed to be January 22 AND invitations need to go out this weekend AND I need HELP!!  Any ideas???

2 comments:

kimberly t. bowling said...

I'm not sure of what all you've previously done....but here were a few of my boys during that time period, most of which you've probably already thought of or used but you never know what might spark an idea for you:

Space Party (with lots of space related foods which included Abby's favorite snack because as everyone knows--the moon is made of cheese!) And we played pin the astronaut on the moon! :)

Cowboy Party (made the cutest boot cake that was so easy from a sheet pan) Played horseshoes had bandanas, etc.etc.

Auburn Party (guess you're not interested in that scenario)

We had a joint bday party for the boys one year where they each had an opportunity to play DEAL or NO DEAL. Their Dad was the banker and all the party guests held little colored folders with monetary spots inside (from .01 up to $100--that was as much as the banker was willing to pay)! It was fun. And they each asked their friends to stand with them as their "special guests" to help make big decisions and cheer just like on the show.

I'll keep thinking, maybe look back at old pics and see what else I can find.

Kim Lawson said...

Thanks dear! So you are saying I should have this shindig at my house?? ;)

Ok. He wants a Tom and Jerry party. Could definitely do something with Abby's fav snack! Got any ideas for a "cat and mouse game"?