When the girls and I returned from jazz class last night, I went to look in on John Brady and found him watching TV with HUGE tears rolling down his cheeks. I looked swiftly to the television to see what horrible thing he might have seen, but it was an innocent cartoon. When I asked him what was wrong, he said he didn't want to die and be put in a hole. I didn't know what to say so I asked what caused him to think about dying. I couldn't get him to answer, but Brady told me what started it. Brady's office is next to a big cemetery and that evening when he and John Brady left Brady's office, John Brady just started crying and said the same thing. What a horrible thing for a little boy to worry about! John Brady is no doubt a "worrier", but I can't handle him being so upset about dying. It breaks my heart. It makes my mind go places it shouldn't.
If anyone has any advice for what we could say if/when this comes up again, I would be very grateful. Like I said John Brady is a worrier, therefore, I am almost certain he will get upset about this again.
3 comments:
God Bless His Little Heart to worry about something like death at such a young age.I wish I had wordst that could help ease the pain but I don't, I will be praying God will send you the message to give JB3 when the time comes again.
Makes MeMe sad too!
I love you John Brady
When Maclain has asked, we've never acted like it was anything but simply going to Heaven. He does seem to understand that the people left behind are sad, but the actual leaving this earth place he seems to understand that it's only because we are meant to go to Heaven (and he says we have to love God to do that :)). His questions now are all about Heaven and no longer worry about the dying part. Just keep the positive twist on it that we as Christians understand, and he'll find his own little peace and understanding! :)
Post a Comment