Sunday, July 12, 2009

Beach 2009 Part 1: Sea, sand, pool, and a movie!




























Yes, it's a jellyfish in my daughter's hand! Emma made friends with some little girls on the beach who were catching jellyfish with their bare hands! It intrigued Emma so much she set out on her own hunt! Emma, along with her friends, probably caught 50 or more jellyfish!






















































Uncle Dave, John Brady, and a friend working on the "pool" maintenance project! I have to say the dark hair/dark skinned little friend looks like an older brother to Lawson!




Well I wouldn't believe it unless I hadn't of seen it with my own two eyes, but Brady CAN multi-task!!! He had just thrown the tennis ball to Abby (not in the pic, but she was jumping in the pool on the right side) and immediately started squirting the kids. I think Em and JB3 got the best of him, though!




YIKES!!! It's a baby Jaws!!! A little boy caught this dead shark and let Emma hold it.









The palm tree below is very significant. Notice how the pool is to the right of the palm tree. This was the sight of "the chase"!! Each morning on our way out to the beach, John Brady would stop exactly by this palm tree and refuse to go any farther!!! You see the pool entrance??? Well, my boy LOVES to swim so he did not want to go to the beach. It was literally a fight EACH and EVERY day!!!! So just imagine how hot and irritated this 2 beach bag totin' mama was by the time she had chased her son around this palm tree x number of times before she could catch him and drag him all the way down the boardwalk and all the way to our chairs! I will have to say after I got him to our chairs he would start playing and forget about the pool................for a short while.




Early morning Scooby-Doo movie! We probably had 5 TVs each with a DVD player but here they all were watching it on the portable! Too cute!



4 comments:

Courtney Long said...

love this picture of the kids watching tv together!

kimberly t. bowling said...

A few mentions:

~Sand Turtle Sculpture-great job Em!
~JB3 spitting water--a favorite.
~Sibling love in the pool-sweet.
~Little Lawson-a Tiger Woods in the making.
~Holding Jellies in your hand-EW!
~Sand on the back--makes me itchy!

And that family photo as your title banner--gorgeous!! Love it!

Joy said...

Great family picture! Yes, that really is a live jelly fish. Can anyone tell me of ever knowing when you could pick up a jelly fish and it not sting?

The Cannons said...

Love the pics! Beautiful family. And I feel your pain about "pool boy"!