Our kids have been wanting another pet, especially since we had to give Molly, "the trust fund dog", back to her family. Brady and I just weren't ready for an inside puppy so we talked to the girls about getting a kitten. Of course they were thrilled and so the decision was made. The decision came right on the heels of Emma adding her classroom "pet day" to our family calendar!! She knows I keep track of important dates on the calendar so she thought surely "pet day" was of great importance! I found one of those "free kitten" ads in the paper and made my way to this sweet old lady's house, after I stopped to buy a litter box, litter, kitten food, food and water bowl, toys, and a collar. Oh, yes, this is all coming back to me now. Yes, we had 2 cats, not too long ago. Anyway, I, again, am reminding myself to never say never. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed that this time will be different, seeing that this kitten is arrving post-kids and not pre-kids!! So now we have a 7 week old kitten, and we have named him "Cooper". John Brady calls him "pooper". He is a cutie and is already spoiled rotten. The kids love Cooper and have been taking turns holding him. I will set the timer and each of the girls gets to hold him for 5 minutes at a time. John Brady can only have supervised visits. Emma and Abby have learned quickly about cat claws and how badly they can hurt. As Abby says, "he's sticking to me". Wish us luck with Cooper!
No comments:
Post a Comment