Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Story of Skip


A month or so ago my mom and dad took the kids to see some horses.  Abby and John Brady loved the horses, but Emma fell IN LOVE with the horses.  Watching Emma tenderly brush the coat of one of the horses melted my dad's heart.  Within two weeks Dad found and bought Skip.  The plan was to build a fence and then surprise the kids with the horse at Christmas.  Well, Dad went to work on a fence and told the kids on Thanksgiving day!  He couldn't hold it in any longer.  After our big feast on Thanksgiving, Mom and Dad took us to meet Skip.  Just as you would know.  Skip was already just as spoiled as the grandkids.  He came straight to us expecting his sweet feed.


A few days after Thanksgiving, Dad finished the fence and brought Skip home.  Now I hear there is talk about getting two more!

I just hope they don't find out about the "cute" mole that Emma rescued last week.  :)

3 comments:

Kyler, Jennifer, Olivia and Lucy said...

I've seen Skip a few times on my way to Tuscaloosa. He is a beautiful horse.

Olivia was on a Pony kick for a few weeks last month. We asked her where it was going to live and she immediately said "in Granddaddy Clark's Barn". Poor thing had it all planned out.

Joy said...

I love horses. But, I really love a horse that loves my Grandkids!

hicksfamilycircus said...

Aww reminds me of Prince and Whiskers at Granny & Pawpaw's when we were kids. I'm sure Brady's told you about them by now.